Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fighting Temptations



Every architecture student undergoes a struggle for sleepy night temptations that if not properly handled may eventually turn into a nightmare. I believe that most of my colleagues who succeeded in this course did their best to fight the call of the bed. It’s funny somehow that out of these bedtime stories, you come up with so many things that you could talk about in vacant hours of the class. As I remembered, some of my classmates (hands clean now although I was a part of the gang) are engaged in these kill-time stories. I’ve been a victim of this hilarious incident for so many times (now you’re talking. To start with, by the end of the class I am looking forward on what I’m gonna be doing for the rest of the night right before the teacher gave the design problem (the design plate). “okay class,,that would be all.i’ll check your schemes by tomorrow.”So that would be the gun bang of the professor telling his good students to start working on the plate ASAP. Sitting now on the drawing table (just to show my parents how hard-working I am that moment), I literally create doodles on my head (so what’s the table for?) then i think of something..Ah..better watch the T.V. to get ideas.Hour after hour of getting neo-design inspiration from Flame of Recca, Naruto, Slamdunk, baki the grappler and oh..some meteor garden. I eventually landed back on the desk tired and empty-minded telling myself..I’ll just wake up midnignt performing the same joke again and again. This wasn’t the last time ever happened to most design students (I’m talking to you fine arts folks too.) But at the end of the dawn, you’ll find yourself doing the same thing until you finally succeeded to pass the subject. Perhaps the lesson is self discipline, a very hard thing to do especially these days that there’s a bunch of entertainment offered by the media and technology. If not start today, you’ll surely keep it counting on your schooyears.(excuse me..I’m just doing some sort of soliloquy now.)

No comments: